Sunday, May 11, 2008

Stuck in my head

The wind was pickin' up. I tried to keep the two eagles in sight as the boat rocked. I was on my back squinting as they rode the thermals south, circling as they passed into the sun ring. Sun ring? Yeah, sun ring. I thought that was just about perfect until a jet plane entered the circle. what's the odds of that? It broke the spell and I remembered the plane I saw before it hit the towers. Happens every time I see a jet now. i took out my camera , dialed in the neutral density and shot the sun ring, but the eagles and the jet had moved on.
Here's a thumbnail so you won't think I'm foolin'.

I heard this tune more than 40 years ago. I haven't heard it again until tonight. It stuck in my head. I was some where in Bucks county with Rick Lord who's been missing all these years, maybe he'll turn up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment